![]() |
| My best friend and roommate ready for The Hunger Games premiere. |
![]() |
| My mom and I back in my trainer days on senior night. |
My name is Brandi DeVaney. I was born and raised in Haltom City, TX
(which is near Fort Worth). I am a sophomore here at Tech and I am majoring in
ESS. I was an Athletic Trainer in high school and I have set my goals to do it
again in my future! I am an only child, which isn’t as fun as some people
think, but it did have its perks! My most favorite thing to do is probably go
to concerts. This summer I was able to see Gavin DeGraw, Colbie Cailliat, The
Cab, and Parachute. I also love to be crafty with my roommates! Being creative
is by far my favorite thing to do. But when I am not making things or rocking
out to my favorite music artists I love to read. I have yet to grow out of the
teenage fiction section at Barns and Nobles. (I probably never will!) A few of
my obsessions have been Twilight, The Hunger Games, and Harry Potter. But I am
also in love with The Great Gatsby. I am hopping to write my own book one day.
I love meeting people and making new friends! And I am looking forward to this
semester!


Question: Are you in love with the book The Great Gatsby, or are you in love with Gatsby himself? Because I can understand both. Such a tragic book, though. Are you excited for the new film coming out in December?
ReplyDeleteI love Gatsby! Everything about his character is an inspiration. The book is very tragic, but one can understand his "sacrifice". And unfortunately they have moved the movie premiere to the summer of 2013 for promotion purposes! So now we have to wait another whole year! But my roommate is also a Gatsby fan, and we are both very excited to see Leonardo DiCaprio play Gatsby!
ReplyDeleteIt is really cool that you were a trainer in high school and hope to be one in the future. I played every sport in high school so it always took a toll on my body and had to see my trainer on a daily basis. Writing a book sounds like an awesome goal. I've been thinking about doing the same thing once I graduate in December. Do you have any idea of what your book would be about?
ReplyDelete