Sunday, September 2, 2012

Bio

Hello All, My name is Brianna Rae Smith. I am a sophomore here at Tech. I am a biology major, soon to change to a psychology major. I am also an apparel fashion and design minor. I am from Castle Rock Colorado. My interests include sewing, reading, quilting, woodworking, weaving, and anything craft related. I have been sewing since I was 8. My dad and I started our own business revolving around tailoring and making custom quilts. Together we have made over 65 quilts. I am a Community Advisor in Horn/Knapp here on campus. So far this has been a fantastic job. I have enjoyed getting to know all of the girls on my hall. I really don't like writing biographies. I feel like all I am doing is bragging. I would rather talk to people about my interests than typing them up. I am really happy that I am in this class, and I look forward to getting to know all of my fellow classmates.

4 comments:

  1. It is on my bucket-list to make a quilt. The problem is I have to learn to use a sewing machine first! And that is a lot harder than it looks, so I commend you for figuring that out! I also love to be crafty. Me and my roommate like to have crafts night every week. And don't worry about "bragging" about yourself, you seem really talented. I look forward to getting to know you this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psychology and fashion and design, that is a lot of cool stuff haha. And that is so awesome being able to start your own business together I hope I can do something like that with my art one day. I knew you lived in Horn/Knapp but I didn't know you were a CA? That's cool. Also I can't believe you made that whole thing gosh dang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow starting a business at 8 is incredible, especially since you get to share that with your dad. I am jealous that you are from Colorado. I went to Colorado this summer around the Winter Park area and it was amazing. I started looking for jobs in Denver just so I could live there once I graduate. It's awesome to see that you are so passionate about your interests, don't worry about "bragging" because people would love to hear those stories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quilt in your photo! My great grandmother taught me how to do patchwork quilts when I was much younger and I have always admired and loved them since. What made you decide to switch from Biology to Psychology major? I used to be biology as well and switched to nutrition, but I wish I would have minored in English as well since I really enjoy reading and writing.

    ReplyDelete