Sunday, September 2, 2012

Erik Alaniz

I avoid cameras, so here is a pic
 of my turtle instead.
My name is Erik Alaniz.  I was born right here in Lubbock and live a few miles down the road in a small town called Brownfield.  I still live and work in Brownfield as well.  When I'm not in school, I'm usually working at United Supermarkets or as a substitute teacher.  I'm attending Texas Tech to study English.  I chose English because I enjoy writing.  My other hobbies include computer games, trading card games, sketching, and anime.   I have taken some classes in business, japanese, sign language, computer programming, graphic design, and basically anything else that has interested me.  I spent my summer volunteering to help in kindergarden and first grade summer school.  I have also volunteered at our town's senior citizen center.  My only sibling is my older sister who graduated from Texas Tech.  I have a small chihuahua, a gray kitten, and a turtle so I guess I like animals.  I'm anti-social so please forgive my quiet nature.  I look forward to a great semester of fiction.  

2 comments:

  1. It seems like you like working in the school system, do you plan on persuing a career in teaching?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always thought that it would be really cool to learn Japanese. Have you ever been to Japan?

    ReplyDelete